What you need:
- 4 Cod Filets
- 1 Can Pinto Beans
- Handful of Cilantro
- 2 Roma Tomatos
- Spices about 1 tsp each: Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Paprika, Oregano, Thyme, Cumin, Marjoram, Chilli Powder
- Lime Zest
- Lime Juice
- Optional Salsa; I used a peach/onion salsa
1. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of cod and let it sit for a few minutes
2. Meanwhile; mix the rest of the spices including the lemon zest (not juice, yet) in a small bowl
3. Smother both sides of the cod in the seasoning mixture
4. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet and fry cod for 5 minutes per side. Squeeze some lime juice on fish as it fries. I did about 1/4 teaspoon per filet on both sides.
5. While your fish is frying, drain and rinse the pinto beans, and chop your tomato and cilantro
6. When fish is done, create your tacos!
I thought these were good with and without salsa. Definitely a personal preference! Enjoy!!