What you need
- 2.5 Cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Box of Shell Noodles (any size)
- 5 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 8 Tbsp Arrow Root Powder (if you're not concerned about dairy free, use mashed potato flakes)
- 9 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Salt/Pepper to taste
1. Chop Garlic
2. Add oil to a large skillet and sautee garlic until it starts to become fragrant
(while garlic is cooking, get your noodles going according to package directions)
3. Add arrowroot powder (or mashed potato flakes) to the skillet and whisk for about 2 minutes
4. Slowly add milk to the skillet, whisking the entire time
5. Next, move your skillet mixture to a large bowl. Add nutritional yeast and whisk for 2-3 minutes until everything looks combined
6. Put the sauce mixture back into the skillet and simmer on low heat for 10-15 minutes whisking frequently. The sauce will begin to thicken.
****If it does not thicken, add a bit more nutritional yeast and arrowroot powder.
7. Drain your noodles, then put the noodles in the bowl you used to mix the sauce. Add the sauce to the noodles and stir.
8. Top with salt and pepper to taste!
You will want to eat this right away as it is best served hot!